1. ---- Hey, can I ask you a favor?
---- Sure, _________ .
A here you are B just as I thought C how is it going D what can I do for you?
2. Mary worked here as a ______ secretary and ended up getting a full-time job with y the company.
A pessimistic B temporary C previous D cautious
3. I ______ myself more ---- it was a perfect day.
A shouldn’t have enjoyed B needn’t have enjoyed
C wouldn’t have enjoyed D couldn’t have enjoyed
4. As the world’s population continues to grow, the ______ of food becomes more and more of a concern.
A worth B supply C package D list
5. The children, ______ had played the whole day long, were worn out.
A all of what B all of which C all of them D all of whom
6. If we leave right away, ______, we’ll arrive on time.
A hopefully B curiously C occasionally D gradually
7. _______ how others react to the book you have just read creates an added pleasure.
A Hearing B Hear C Having heard D To be hearing
8. Eye doctors recommend that a child’s first eye exam _____ at the age of six months old.
A was B be C were D is
9. When the group discussion is nearing its end, make sure to _____ it with important point.
A conclude B lead C avoid D hold
10. During the last three decades, the number of people participating in physical fitness programs ______ sharply.
A was increasing B has increased C had increased D will be increasing
浏览完整试题11. Half of _____ surveyed in 16 countries say they go first to their closest friend to share their deepest wishes and darkest fears.
A these B some C ones D those
12. A good listener takes part in the conversation, _______ ideas and raising questions to keep the talk flowing.
A realizing B copying C offering D misunderstanding
13. The museum will open in the spring with an exhibition and a viewing platform ______ visitors can watch the bid glasshouses being built.
A what B where C when D why
14. It will be a great help if you go to the store and get what we need for dinner. _______, I’ll set the table.
A As a result B On the whole C In the meanwhile D As a matter of fact
15. People develop _______ preference for a particular style of learning at _____ early age and these preferences affect learning.
A a; an B a; 不填 C 不填; the D the; an
16. The only way to succeed at the highest level is to have total belief _____ you are better than anyone else on the sports field.
A how B that C which D whether
17. Bears _______ fat stores throughout the summer and fall to have enough energy to last them through their sleep.
A pack up B build up C bring up D take up
18. If what your friend comes up with surprises you, don’t reject it immediately. ______ , imagine that it is true.
A Thus B Besides C Rather D Otherwise
19. There are some health problems that, when ______ in time, can become bigger ones later on.
A not treated B not being treated C not to be treated D not have been treated
20. ---- Excuse me, but could I trouble you for some change?
---- _______. Will pennies do?
A I know B Never mind C I am sure D Let me see
Last spring, I was fortunate to he chosen to participate in an exchange study program In my application letter, I was careful to 21 how much I wanted to see France; evidently, my excitement really came through in my words. Once I ___22___ that I was going, all I could think about was the fun of foreign travel and making all sorts of new and __23__ friends. While traveling was inspiring and meeting people was __24__, nothing about my term in France was what I __25__ .
The moment I arrived in Paris, I was __26__ by a nice French couple who would become my host parents. My entire experience was joyous and exciting __27__ I received some shocking news from my program to （暂缺1词）（万周人）：there had been a death in my host parent’ extended family. They had to travel outside France for several weeks. That afternoon, I had to __28__out of one family’s house and into another. The exchange coordinator told me I’d have a __29__my time and asked whether I could share a bedroom with an English speaker. To avoid the temptation（诱惑）to __30__ my native language ,I asked not to be _31__with an English-speaking roommate. When I was surprised to find playing one of my favorite CDs! In just a few hours, we knew we’d be good friends for the rest of the __33__.
展开余下试题I lest France with many __34_,so when people ask what my favorite part of the trip was, they are always__35__to hear me talk about my Brazilian friend Paolo and the scores of weekdays in class, weeknights on the town , and weekends _36_ France we enjoyed together. I love how people _37_ seem so different, but end up being so _38_. The most valuable lesson I gained from studying in brace wasn’t just to respect the （暂空1词）promote _39_ to respect all people, for your next best friend could be just a continent away. I would recommend an exchange program to anyone who wants to experience foreign cultures and gain meaningful_40_.
21. A. discuss B. express C. announce D. argue
22. A. approved B. knew C. warned D. denied
23. A. stubborn B. anxious C. universal D. interesting
24. A. boring B. upsetting C. exciting D. promising.
25. A. expected B. liked C. doubted D. feared
26. A. sponsored B. witnessed C. greeted D. supported
27. A. until B. when C. since D. while
28. A. move B. travel C. wale D. rush
29. A. housekeeper B. leader C. roommate D. colleague
30. A. learn B. appreciate C. speak D. master
31. A. combined B. fitted C. involved D. placed
32. A. added B. introduced C. devoted D. adapted
33. A. term B. week C. month D. vacation
34. A. presents B. suitcases C. stories D. dreams
35. A. surprised B. disturbed C. embarrassed D. concerned
36. A. at B. expiring C. describing D. investigating
37．A．need B. shall C. must D. can
38．A．generous B. independent C. similar D. distend
39．A．and B. but C. or D. so
40．A．instructions B. friendships C. facts D. data
No one knows for sure when advertising first started. It is possible that it grew out of specialization, which means that people would specialize, or foucs, on doing one specific job
Let’s take a man we’ll call Mr. Fielder, for example. He did everything connected with farming He planted seeds, tended the fields, and harvested and sold hiscrops. At the same time, he did many other jobs on the farm However, he didn’t make the bricks for his house, cut his trees into boards. make the plows(梨), or any of the other hundreds of things a farm needs. Instead, he got them from people who specialized in doing each of those things
Suppose there was another man we shall call Mr.Plowright. Using what he knew about farming and working with iron, Mr. Plowright invented a plow that made farming easier. Mr. Plowright did not really like farming himself and wanted to specialize in make in greatly good plows. Perhaps, he thought, other farmers will trade what they grow for one of my plows.
How did Mr. Plowright let people know what he was doing? Why, he advertised, of course. First he opened a shop and then he put up a sign outside the shop to attract customers. That sign may have been no more than a plow carved into a piece of wood and a simple arrow pointing to the shop door. It was probably all the information people needed to find Mr.Plowright and his really good plows.
Many historians believe that the first outdoor signs were used about five thousand years ago. Even before most people could read, they understood such signs. Shopkeepers would carve into stone, clay, or wood symbols for the products they had for sale.
A medium, in advertising talk, is the way you communicate your message. You might say that the first medium used in advertising was signs with symbols. he second medium was audio, or sound, although that term is not used exactly in the way we use it today. Originally, just the human voice and maybe some kind of simple instrument, such as a bell, were used to get people’s attention
A crier, in the historical sense, is not someone who weeps easily. It is someone, probably a man, with a voice loud enough to