1. It must be pointed out that it is one of our basic State policies to control population growth while raising the quality of the population.
2. It is (has been) estimated that the world's population could reach 6 billion by the end of the century.
3. It must be kept in mind that there is no secret of success but hard work.
4. It can be seen from this that there is no difficulty in the world we can overcome.
5. As is known man is the product of labour.
6. It is a common saying that man who has a settled purpose will surely succeed.
7. It is clear that the enemy has no desire for peace.
8. It is hard to imagine how Edison managed to work twenty hours each day.
9. It's hard to say whether the plan is practicable.
10. There is no doubt that you will be helped by others if you have any difficulties.
11. It seems certain that they have made a series of experiments.
12. It is said that bats have been using radar for millions of years.
13. To tell the truth , many mistakes we made could have been avoided.
14. As we know, it was not until recently that the problem was solved.
15. It must be admitted that you haven't done what you promised to do.
16. In my opinion, this computer is different from that one you saw.
17. It is certain that we have a long way to go.
18. All this shows that nothing can prevent us from reaching our aims.
19. As far as we know, it took him more than a year to write the book.
20. It has been proved that every substance, no matter what it is, is made up of atoms.
21. It has been decided that we are going to build a railway whose base must be completed within this year.
22. It is obvious (evident) that the success of the innovation depends on our concerted efforts.
23. To be frank, whether you like it or not, you have no other choice.
24. It is natural that one may have trouble expressing complicated ideas in simple English.
25. What is more important, the agreement they have negotiated is being carried out.
26. We will be successful as long as we persevere.
27. Frankly speaking, what you call the truth may not apply to things happening here.
1.For the majority of people, reading or learning a new skill has become the focus of their lives and the source of their happiness and contentment 对于很多人来说，学习一门新技术占据了他们的生活和充实了他们的生活.
2.What''s more, living in school can save them a great deal of time on the way between home and school everyday, so they would be able to concentrate more time and energy on their academic work. 住校为学生省去了不少时间，这样学生可以把更多的时间用在学习上
3.Sth will make our life more enjoyable, that is to say, sth can add color to the dull routine of every day life. ...能让我们的生活更美好，也就是说，...可以给我们枯燥的生活带来色彩
4......, by occupying spare time so constructively, makes a person contented, with no time for boredom. ...占据了某人大部分时间，使得某人没空想东想西(充实了某人生活)
5.Little by little, our knowledge will be well enriched, and our horizons will be greatly broadened.
6.The human race has entered a completely new stage in its history, alone with the advance of the society and the increasingly rapid economic globalization and urbanization, more problems are brought to our attention,one of which is that……
7.Recently the phenomenon has aroused wide concern, some people are in alarm that....
8....... plays such an important role that it un de nia bly (无可厚非的)becomes a wide-spread concern of the present world, there comes a question, is it a blessing or a curse?"
9.As society develops, There are a wide-spread concern over……
10..As to whether it is a blessing or a curse(咒骂[k ;s], however, people take different attitudes.
11.As to whether it is worthwhile ....., there is a long-running controversial debate. As an an old saying goes every coin has two sides ', it goes without saying that (毋庸置疑) people from different backgrounds may have divergent(相异的) attitudes towards it.
12.In the process of modern urban development, we often find ourselves in a dilemma.
13.More and more people become appreciating the convenience of mobile phone.
14.People are attaching more and more importance to the interview during job hunting
15.Some people contend that ... has proved to bring many advantages (disadvantages)
16.俗话(古语)说，……：As an old saying goes/ As an old proverb says, ….
例句：As an old saying goes, god helps those who help themselves. (俗话说，自助者天助之)
17.据报道/据估计/据说/据信，……：It is reported/estimated/said/thought/believed that….
例句：It is estimated that it will take about three years to finish the project. (据估计，需要三年来完成这个项目.)
18. 也就是说，……：In other words/Namely/To put it another way/ That is to say, ….
例句：She was too trusting. In other words, she had no head for business. (她太轻信人，换句话说，她没有商业头脑.)
19.一则，……;再则，……(多用于阐述理由或列举)：For one thing, …. For another, ….
例句：It is not wise for students to frequently go shopping. For one thing, most of them have no source of income. For another, they need to spend more time on their studies. (学生频繁去购物是不明智的.一方面，绝大多数学生没有收入来源;另一方面，他们需要在学业上投入更多的时间.)
20.考虑到……：Considering/Regarding/In view of,….
例句：In the view of the fact, this approach is inadvisable. (考虑到这个事实，这个方法是不可取的.)
21.我认为、在我看来，……：In my view/In my opinion/As far as I am concerned, ….
例句：In my view, it is quite important for students to enhance their learning in Chinese.(在我看来，学生加强汉语学习是很重要的.)
22.为了……：for the sake of/for purposes of/in order to achieve sth,…
例句：They seem to have doing nothing but reading, acquiring more knowledge and really essentially just learning for the sake of learning. (他们好像除了读书，掌握更多知识、为了学习而学习之外，什么也不做.)
23.很容易理解/证明……：It can be easily understood/proved that….
例句：It can be easily proved that one cannot achieve success unless he or she keeps on working hard. (很容易证明：除非一个人坚持不懈一直努力，否则他(她)很难取得成功.)
Remember what should be remembered, and forget what should be forgotten. Alter what is changeable, and accept what is mutable.
“You couldn’t see my tears cause I am in the water.” Fish said to water.
“But I could feel your tears cause you are in my heart.” Answered water.
Your life only lasts for a few decades, so be sure that you don't leave any regrets. Laugh or cry as you like, and it‘s meaningleto oppreyourself.
There is someone that is coming or passing away in your life around the clock, so you may lose sight of those seen, and forget those remembered. There is gain and loin your life, so you may catch sight of those unseen, and remember those forgotten. Nevertheless, doesn’t the unseen exist for sure? Will the remembered remain forever?
Penitence is something that enervates our spirit, causing a greater lothan the loitself and ma-ki-ng a bigger mistake than the mistake itself. So never regret
6.Life is measured by thought and action not by time.衡量生命的尺度是思想和行为，而不是时间。
7.Life is not all beer and skittles. 人生并非尽是乐事 。
8.Long absent, soon forgotten. 别久情疏 。
9.Look before you leap. 三思而后行 。
11.Lookers-on see most of the game. 旁观者清，当局者迷。
12.Manners make the man.观其待人而知其人 。
13.Misfortune tests the sincerity of friends. 患难识知交。
14.No cross, no crown.没有苦难，就没有快乐 。
15.Nobody's enemy but his own. 自寻苦恼 。
16.One man's fault is another man's lesson. 前车之覆，后车之鉴 。
17.Pardon all men, but never thyself. 严以律已，宽以待人。
18.Reason is the guide and light of life. 理智是人生的灯塔 。
19.Sadneand gladnesucceed one another. 乐极生悲，苦尽甘来 。
20.Still waters run deep.流静水深，人静心深 。
The reason most people do not succeed is because they never learn the art of failing.
No guts,no glory.
Always remember,an old acquaintance is better than no acquaintance at all.
Life is about learning ,and it will never allow you to graduate.
No man or woman is worth your tears and the one who is,won't make you cry.
We should try our best to help strangers .At the same time,we should also learn to protect ourselves from being harmed.
If one wants to get to the top of a mountain,just sitting at the foot thinking about it will not bring one there.
Commitment to being who you are ,not who or what someone wants you to be.
Look at the gifts and talents you have and make a commitment to pursue those things that you love most.
Everything is good when new,but friends when old.
1. Typical of the grassland dwellers of the continent is the American antelope, or pronghorn.
2. Of the millions who saw Haley’s comet in 1986, how many people will live long enough to see it return in the twenty-first century.
3. Anthropologists have discovered that fear, happiness, sadness, and surprise are universally reflected in facial expressions.
4. Because of its irritating effect on humans, the use of phenol as a general antiseptic has been largely discontinued.
5. Any profit organizations to survive and ultimately consumers must produce usable or needed products.
6. The greater the population there is in a locality, the greater the need there is for water, transportation, and disposal of refuse.
7. It is more difficult to write simply, directly, and effectively than to employ flowery but vague expressions that only obscure one’s meaning.
10. The knee is the joints where the thigh bone meets the large bone of the lower leg.
11. Acids are chemical compounds that, in water solution, have a sharp taste, a corrosive action on metals, and the ability to turn certain blue vegetable dyes red.
12. Billie Holiday’s reputation as a great jazz-blues singer rests on her ability to give emotional depth to her songs.
13. Essentially, a theory is an abstract, symbolic representation of what is conceived to be reality.
14. Long before children are able to speak or understand a language, they communicate through facial expressions and by making noises.
15. Thanks to modern irrigation, crops now grow abundantly in areas where once nothing but cacti and sagebrush could live.
16. The development of mechanical timepieces spurred the search for more accurate sundials with which to regulate them.
17. Anthropology is a science in that anthropologists use a rigorous set of methods and techniques to document observations that can be checked by others.
18. Fungi are important in the process of decay, which returns ingredients to the soil, enhances soil fertility, and decomposes animal debris.
19. When it is struck, a tuning fork produces an almost pure tone, retaining its pitch over a long period of time.
20. Although pecans are most plentiful in the southeastern part of the United States, they are found as far north as Ohio and Illinois.
21. Eliminating problems by transferring the blame to others is often called scape-goating.
22. The chief foods eaten in any country depend largely on what grows best in its climate and soil.
23. Over a very large number of trials, the probability of an event’s occurring is equal to the probability that it will not occur.
24. Most substance contract when they freeze so that the density of a substance’s solid is higher than the density of its liquid.
25. The mechanism by which brain cells store memories is not clearly understood.