1. This kind of paper feel (柔软的).
2. He never paid any (注意) to what others say.
3. Teenagers will have chances of (实现) their dreams.
4. The books on that (架子) are mine.
5. Don’t (担忧), I can help you.
Miss Wu is a young teacher of English in China. She loves teaching very much. One day when she was giving an English lesson, she found the headmaster sitting at the back of the classroom. After class, the headmaster told her that he came to her class to find out how much English and how much Chinese she was using. The result was about half English and half Chinese. She was using Chinese when she gave instructions to her students and when she wanted to get feedback (反馈) from her students. The headmaster told her that she should use more English in her class.
Miss Wu made a plan like this:
talk with an Englishman every Sunday for two hours to learn more English expressions;
write some English expressions on cards. These cards not only remind her to use English in class, but also help her remember some expressions;
have a five-minute talk in English with students before class.
She used body language to help her if students could not understand.
One year later, she found she could use English freely in class.
1. Miss Wu .
A. has a poor memory B. is a teacher of Chinese
C. loves her job D. is angry with the headmaster
2. The headmaster came to Miss Wu’s class to .
A. write some English expressions on cards
B. help her improve her English teaching
C. give instructions to the students
D. get feedback from the students
3. After the headmaster left, Miss Wu realized that she should in her class.
A. use more Chinese B. use more English
C. use half English and half Chinese D. use body language
4. What does the underlined word “remind” mean?
A. 提醒 B. 阻止 C. 宽恕 D. 依赖
5. What is the main idea of this passage?
A. Use cards in English teaching B. Talk with English-speaking people
C. Speak more English in English class D. Learn more English expressions
1. soft 2. attention 3. achieving 4. shelves 5. worry
5.见上5. Not more than