1. The old ____well looked after by the government in China.
A. is B. are C. has been D. was
2. The secretary and manager ____very busy now.
A. is B. are C. was D. were
3. Both the secretary and the manager _____agreed to attend the meeting.
A. has B. have C. are D. was
4. Tom as well as two of his classmates _____invited to the party.
A. was B. were C. have been D. had bee
5. Either you or I _____going to the teachers‘ office after class.
A. am B. is C. are D. will
6. Most of his spare time ____spent in reading.
A. are B. were C. was D. have been
7. This is one of the best novels that ____appeared this year.
A.have been B. has C. had been D. have
8. Ten thousand dollars _____quite a large sum.
A.are B. is C. were D. have
9. About 20 percent of the work ____done yesterday.
A. are B. is C. were D. was
10. Mr Smith， together with his children， ____arrived.
A.are B. has C. is D. have
1-5 BABAA 6-10 CDBDB