(人教版+朗文)初三英语同步辅导(含同步练习)词语用法(Unit 7-12)

发布时间:2017-11-18 编辑:互联网 手机版

一. 本周教学内容:

1. see sb. doing. sth / see sb. do sth.

A. see sb doing sth. 看见某人(正在)做某事

I saw him writing on the blackboard when I passed by.

B. see sb do 看见某人做某事(已做过或一般情况)

I often see her play the piano after school.

2. at the end of / by the end of / in the end

(1)at the end of“在…末梢,到…的尽头”

后面可接地点或时间,接时间常与一般过去时和一般将来时连用。

at the end of road(地点)

at the end of this month (时间)

He will attend an important meeting at the end of this month.

They had a tea party at the end of last year.

(2)by the end of:某一点时间以前,或到一点时间为止,谓语动词一般是表示状态的动词,多与完成时连用。

By the end of the party they had got drunk.

They had learnt eight units by the end of last mouth.

(3)in the end “最后、终于”,相当于finally, at last, after all等

In the end they won the match.

In the end they sent the boy to the hospital.

3. fill with / be full of

(1)fill with 动词短语“将…装满,被…充满”

Her bag was filled with book.

We must fill the hole with sand.

The classroom was filled with singing.

(2)be full of 形容词短语,full是形容词,“充满…,富于…的”

The room is full of people.

Her future is full of hope.

她大有前途。

4. so …that / such …that / too …to / so that.

(1)so …that / such …that:如此…以致于…

so修饰形容词、副词,such修饰名词

It was such a find day that everyone was in the open air.

It was so dark that we couldn’t see anything in the room.

He walked so quickly that I could not catch up with him.

She is so pretty that her friends all like her.

(2)so …that / too …to

so…that+否定词,可以与too…to互转,so …that是复合词,too…to是简单句。

He was so busy that he didn’t have time to see the film.

= He was too busy to see the film.

The boy spoke so quickly that we couldn’t hear him clearly.

= The boy spoke too quickly to hear clearly.

(3)so that / so …that

so that “以便,为了”引导目的状语从句

so …that引导结果状语从句

He got up early so that he could go to school on time. (目的是准时到校)

Please finish doing your homework quickly so that you can help your mother with housework.

(目的是帮助妈妈干家务)

Nancy is so angry that she can’t say a word.

(结果是说不出一句话)

5. be able to / can

(1)can只有现在式和过去式,因此当表示将来或完成意义时,要用be able to 的将来时态或完成时态。

His uncle can (is able to )drive a bus.

Li Lida could(was able to )cross the Qiongzhou channel when he was thirteen.

(2)表示经过努力而成功的做某一次动作,只能用be able to 而不用could

Will he be able to escape from the prison?

Can he dance?

注意:

A. 当can表示许可的意思时,不能与be able to 互换。

B. can和be able to 没有进行时态

C. be able to 后不能接不定式的被动语态。

6. plant / grow

(1)plant主要指种植这一行为

Every Tree Planting Day the young people go to plant tree by the river.

The farmers were planting roses in the field at this time yesterday. (plant可做名词,植物)

(2)grow主要指种植以后的栽培、管理过程

People grow wheat in the north.

The old man grows many flowers in his yard.

(3)grow的其他用法

A. 用作不及物动词,“成长、长大、增长”

The town is growing rapidly.

这个城镇正在迅速发展

She wants to be a doctor when she grows up.

B. 用作不及物动词,表示“大小、体积、数量的增长”

The world’s population is growing much faster than before.

She grew in experience.

她增长了经验。

C. 可作系动词表示“渐渐变得”与become, get一样,后接形容词。

The weather is growing colder and colder.

7. earth / on the earth / on earth

(1)earth意为“土,泥土,写冠词the连用,表示地球、大陆、陆地”

Cover the roots with earth.

用土覆住根部。

The earth goes round the sun.

(2)on the earth 在地球上、大陆上

We live on the earth.

There are all kinds of animals on the earth.

(3)on earth 究竟、到底

A. 放在最高级之后,用来强调最高级

Edison was the greatest inventor on earth.

B. 意为“到底、究竟”放在代词who, what或副词when, where, why, how之后,以加强疑问。

Why on earth didn’t you go to school?

你究竟为什么没有上学。

What on earth is it?

这到底是什么?

8. in order to / in order that

(1)in order to +动词不定式

否定形式:

in order not to do sth.

The assistant told the students to keep quiet in order not to disturb others.

(2)in order that 后接从句,表示目的,从句中常用may, can, could, might, will be able to, would, should 等情态动词。

He spoke slowly in order that everyone could understand him.

9. thanks to / because of

(1)thanks to 意为“多亏、由于”,带有感情色彩,表示由于某种原因得到了好的结果。

Thanks to her help, the old woman found her daughter.

Thanks Jim ,we finished it first.

(2)because of 无感情色彩,只表示某种原因。

He didn’t come because of sickness.

His face went red because of what she said.

10. in / on / at 表示时间

(1)在年代、月份、季节、不特指的morning, afternoon, evening 前用in.

Her sister took part in a sports meeting in April, 2001.

He often goes over the text in the evening.

(2)某一天(如星期几,几号),特定的某天、上午、中午、下午,或晚上要用on.

The People’s Republic of China was founded on October 1, 1949.

I go to the city library on Sunday morning.

(3)具体的时间点,不特指的noon, night前用at

She gets up at 6:00 in the morning.

She had an exam at the beginning of the month.

at noon, at night.

11. first / at first

(1)first = first of all. 首先、第一,一般用在说明顺序上的首先、第一。

Work must come first.

(2)at first = at the beginning “最初、开始”一般用来暗示后来情况有所变化。

At first he lived in Tianjin and then moved to Shanghai.

12. discover / look for / find

(1)discover“发现”指偶然发生或察看到早已存在着的或早已为人所知的人或事。

We discovered Miss Wang to be friendly to us.

(2)look for “寻找”强调寻找的动作、不涉及结果,是延续性动词。

The two boys are looking for the borrowed newspaper everywhere.

(3)find“发现、找到”强调结果,是短暂性动词。

She can’t find time to play.

13. long before / before long

(1)long before “很久以前”作状语,常与一般过去时,过去完成时连用。

That means dinosaurs lived long before human beings appeared.

(2)before long “不久以后”相当于soon,多与将来时连用。

He will be back before long.

I shall see you before long.

14. be covered with / be covered by

(1)be covered with “由…覆盖”表示自身自然生长的。

Cats are covered with fur and dogs are covered with hair.

(2)be covered by “被…覆盖”表示动作,是被动的结构。

The hill is covered by green trees.

The ground, the houses and the trees were all covered by snow.

15. in the future / in future.

(1)in the future “将来”指将来的某一时期,相当于the time yet to come

She wants to go abroad in the future.

He will become a film star in the future.

(2)in future “将来、今后”,主要强调从现在起的以后,相当于from now on.

“You must study hard in future, ”the teacher said.

16. because / since / as / for

(1)because 从属连词,“因为”,表示直接的理由,由because 引导的从句,一般放在主句的后面。

My mother didn’t go shopping because she wasn’t free.

-Why didn’t you come to school?

-Because I had a high fever.

(2)since说明两件事之间的逻辑关系,“既然”

Since they haven’t any paper, they can’t make paper ships.

(3)as说明明显的理由,“由于”,由as引导的从句一般放在主句的前面。

As it is dark, we stopped to have a rest.

(4)for表示原因时语气最弱,是并列连词,常用来补充说明理由或提供一种解释,由for引导的从句一般放在主句的后面。

I must go home now for my sister is waiting for me.

17. repair / fix / mend

A. repair与fix是同义词,repair的宾语通常是建筑物、堤坝、车辆、机械等。有时repair 与fix可互换。

He had repaired the watch by 5 o’clock the day before yesterday.

Mr. Wang has repaired (fixed)his bike twice.

B. fix常用美语口语“修理、整理”一般用于修理钟表、无线电等。

I had my tape recorder fixed.

C. mend表示“修补破损的东西,使其恢复原样,多用于修补构造简单的小东西。”

The students of Class Three mended the windows of the classroom yesterday.

18. universe / space / sky

A. universe:“宇宙、天地万物”强调宇宙的物质概念

The earth is only a small part of the universe.

B. space 空间,指大气层以外的太空领域。

The moon is quite near us in space.

C. sky天、天空,指我们在地球上能看到的太阳、月亮、星星的天空,一般用单数。

There are millions of stars in the sky.

19. ordinary / common

A. ordinary 侧重于与一般标准相比并不特殊,修饰人或物,反义词special

You should do it in an ordinary way.

He is wearing an ordinary shirt.

B. common 侧重于到处可见的或众所周知的,多数情况下修饰物。

This is a very common idiom.

We have many things in common.

我们有很多相似之处。

20. message / news / information.

A. message “消息、信息”可数名词,常指口信、致贺词、贺电。

I have a message for you from your parents.

B. news“新闻、报导”是不可数名词,媒体上得到的消息。

This news is good, where did you get it?

C. information “通知、报告、消息、报导”主要强调情报、资料、消息、网上信息,不可数名词。

He wants some information about the matter.

21. put up / build / found / set up

A. set up 建立某种机构、设施等。

Several new schools have been set up in the city.

B. build “建筑、建设”接表示具体事物的名词。

The people in the village are building a new bridge across the river.

C. put up “立起、兴起、搭起、举手、挂起、张贴”

They have put up a small house near the river.

D. found “成立、建立、创立”侧重表示打基础。

The hospital was found ten years ago.

【模拟试题】(答题时间:90分钟)

第I卷

听力测试(一~四略)

第II卷 选择性试题(共50分)

五. 选择填空 从下列各题所给的四个选项中选择最佳的一项。(共15分)

( )21. Could you tell him _______ the TV? I want to go to bed.

A. to turn off B. turning off C. turns off D. turn off

( )22. The policeman usually asks the boys _______ in the street. It’s dangerous.

A. don’t play B. not play C. not to play D. aren’t playing

( )23. This kind of CD player _________ in Guangdong. It works very well.

A. makes B. made C. is made D. must make

( )24. He _______ in a village school for 25 years. Let’s go and visit him.

A. teaches B. taught C. teach D. has taught

( )25. They have planted many trees and flowers ________ they came to our town.

A. since B. because C. when D. while

( )26. He said that he _______ speak a little English when he was five.

A. could B. is able to C. can D. be able to

( )27. Do you know _________ visit Uncle Jim’s farm?

A. where shall we B. where we shall

C. when we shall D. when shall we

( )28. A _______ can do almost all for man though it can’t take the place of man. It has changed the world a lot.

A. e-mail B. Internet C. computer D. mobile phone

( )29. “If you know the answer, put ________ your hand please. ”the teacher said.

A. down B. up C. on D. away

( )30. Americans celebrate ________ on Thanksgiving Day.

A. the harvest B. the bright and round moon

C. New Year’s coming D. Jesus Christ birthday

( )31. -“Have you ever been to Hangzhou? ”

-“Yes, it’s famous for its ________. ”

A. wool B. nylon C. cotton D. silk

( )32. English is spoken as a first language in ________ and French is, too.

A. France B. Canada C. Britain D. Germany

( )33. When you see the sign,

you can ________.

A. pass B. go out C. go in D. go by

( )34. Have you ever ________ the Great Green Wall?

A. listened B. listened to C. heard D. heard of

A telephone message