Unit 15 Thanks for the message (JEFC 2B )

发布时间:2016-2-2 编辑:互联网 手机版

Unit

Unit 15

Time

45’

Title

Thanks for the message

Teaching Aims

1. Words & Phrases:

telephone, phone, call, ring, photo, story, enough, really, afraid, pleasure ,harvest answer the telephone; be out; at the moment; by the way; the next day; ring up; take a message; at the cinema; be afraid; lots of

2. Useful Expressions:

1 Could you answer the telephone, please?

2 He’s out at the moment.

3 Please ring him

4 Could I speak to him, please?

5 Can I take a message?

6 It’s a pleasure.

7 Could you ask him to call me, please?

8 I’m afraid....

Teaching Importance

and Difficulties

3. Grammar:

1. The simple past tense of “There be….”

2. “Could …?” expresses the polite request

Teaching Methods

Five Steps Method

Aural-oral Method

Comprehensive Method

Teaching

Tools

Tape

Recorder

Flashcards

Lesson 57

Step 1. Greeting

T: You’re welcome back to school. (I’m glad to see you all back to school.)

Free talk:

1. Did you stay at home or go out in the winter holidays?

2. Where did you go for your holiday?

3. How/When did you go there?

4. What did you do there?

5. Did you see anything interesting?

6. What did you see there?

7. Did you have a good time?

8. When did you usually get up every day in the holidays?

9. What did you usually do in the morning/afternoon/evening?

10. Did you do a lot of homework?

11. Did you help your parents with the housework?

12. Did you go shopping with your parents? What did you buy?

13. Did you enjoy your holidays?

14. Are you glad to be back at school/to see your friends again?

教师准备一个铃或让学生模仿电话铃声。铃响后教师对学生说:Listen! The telephone is ringing. 然后提问一名学生:×××, Could you answer the telephone, please? I’m busy. 教师帮助学生回答:OK, I’ll get it.

Step 2. 学生听完录音后,两人一组练习这两句话。

Step 3. 教师和学生演示对话。

(电话铃声)

T: Hello. 68485950

S1: Hello. Could I speak to Mr. Green, please?

T: I’m afraid he’s out at the moment. Can I take a message?

S1: Yes. Could I have your name, please?

T: Jim.

S1: Could you spell it, please?

T: J-I-M, Jim.

S1: And your telephone number, please?

T: 6-4-double 6-3-4-1-1.

S1: 6-4-double 6-3-4-1-1. Thanks a lot. Bye.

T: It’s a pleasure. Bye.

Step 4. 教师解释单词和短语后,让学生听录音和练习对话。

Explanation

1. Could you answer the telephone, please?

could是can的过去式,但并不是过去时态,表示比较客气委婉地请求,比 can更客气。Could you …? 表示说话人的一种委婉请求或要求。

answer the telephone接电话。answer还有“回答”的意思。e.g.:

Could I have fall one,please?

Could you carry the books to the classroom, please?

Could I open the door?

My sister answered the telephone.

I’m sorry I can’t answer your questions?

2. I’ll get it? 我来接电话。

这是一句最常用的接电话的句子。当电话铃响的时候,表示自己来接电话。

3. Could I speak to Jim, please?这是句电话用语。句中的speak 不能换成talk 或者say。

ask sb. to do sth.意思是“请某人做某事。”如:

She asked me to help her with English this afternoo

4. I’m afraid he’s at the moment.

be afraid +从句,意为“恐怕”,表示一种委婉否定的意思,相当于I’m sorry 无“害怕”之意。

e.g. I’m afraid I can’t come.

be afraid of+名词,意为“害怕”。

e.g. I’m afraid of dogs. 我害怕狗。

“be afraid”常用于口语中,表示遗憾,歉意及来不确定的语气。如:

I’m afraid he’s out at the moment. 这里“he’s out at the moment.”是宾语从句。

5. Could you ask him to call me, please?

call me “给我打电话”,= call me up= telephone me= phone me= ring me。e.g.:

I want to telephone my sister.

Who phoned you yesterday?

Please ring me up at six o’clock tomorrow morning.

6. It’s a pleasure.(My pleasure.)这是一件愉快的事。此句为回答谢意的一种方式。回答谢意还有几种方式:

You are welcome.

With pleasure.

Not at all.

Don’t mention it.

That’s all right.

That’s ok.

Thanks a lot.= Thank You.= Thank You very much. =Thanks a lot. =Thanks. many thanks .

7. Write down the answers?

write…down 表示“把…写(记)下来” 。后面可跟介词短语on… 。e.g.:

Please write these words on your exercise books.

Would you like to write your name down on my book,please?

类似的词组还有turn on, put away, put on, pick up, take off.等。如:Will you please pick it up?

Bb work

Unit 15

Lesson 57

TELEPHONE MESSAGE