Calling for Papers
The First International Conference on Nomenclature
We would like to invite you to attend the First International Conference on Nomenclature (the Conference in the following), which will be held jointly by the Shaanxi International Cultural and Economic Exchange Center and the Engineering University of Chinese Armed Police Forces from 23-25 March, 20xx in Xi”an, Shaanxi, China. During the Conference, we will also launch the International Association of Nomenclature and the Research Institute of International Nomenclature. It is expected that more than 400 scholars from about 30 countries will attend, many of whom have sent in their paper proposals.
1. The topics of the Conference
(1) Character, structure and function of naming;
(2) Origin, fabrication, application, evolution, and norms of naming;
(3) Classification of naming, including space-time naming, human being and matter naming, cultural, scientific and technological term naming, sound, color and graphic mark naming, with their characteristics and sub-classification;
(4) Relationship between nomenclature and philosophy, logic, anthropology, sociology, folklore, literature, aesthetics, psychology, geomorphology, merchandising, advertising and other fields;
(5) Similarities and differences of naming between different cultures and languages;
(6) Scientific system of nomenclature and its branches, their history and research methods;
(7) Naming, nomenclature and the relationship between naming, nomenclature and human society;
2. The mission of the conference
(1) Establishing the International Association of Nomenclature
(2) Approving the Xi'an Declaration of the First International Conference on Nomenclature
3. The working languages of the conference
Chinese or English
4. Paper requirements
(1) The topics of papers are not limited for this First Conference, but should be related to nomenclature.
(2) Prior to 1 December 20xx, please submit by email the title of your paper and your personal introduction (about 100 Chinese characters or 70 English words) via email.
(3) Prior to 31 February 20xx, please submit by email your complete paper.
5. Personal achievements in research
Please bring your major research works (papers or books) in all fields, including but not limited to nomenclature, with a list of your major works and your electronic half-length color photo. These will be used for the establishment of the Memorial Hall of International Nomenclature Academic Advisers and the Exhibition of International Nomenclature Academic Achievements.
6. Time and place of the Conference
Xi'an Fusen Urban Inn, (Chrysanthemum Garden, East Street of Xi”an China, on the eastern side of Bell Tower)
Directions: From Xi”an Railway Station, take Bus No. 611 to the bus stop of Duanlvmen, and the inn is on the south side of the road. From Xi”an North Railway Station, take the subway to the Bell Tower, get off, exit from the southeast gate, and walk east to the Fusen Urban Inn.
From the Airport, Conference staff will meet you at the Airport if you come by air. Or you can take the Airport Shuttle, get off at Xi”an Lijing Hotel, and then walk east, through the underground passage, to the Fusen Urban Inn.
(2) Time of registration
22 March 20xx (Friday)
(3) Time of conference
23-25 March 20xx (Saturday to Monday)
7. Personal expenses
You should pay ￥700 for the conference fee, and bear your own travelling and accommodation expenses.
You can visit Bell Tower, Drum Tower, Islamic Street (Food, Mosque, Stone Archway), Ancient Culture Street, Stela Forest Museum, Ming Dynasty City Wall, Moat Park, Qin Opera, etc. in your spare time. If you want to visit other tourist attractions, please consult the Inn.
9. Contact information
Professor Ma Mingchun, Research Institute for Military Linguistics, Engineering University of Chinese Armed Police Forces, No. 1, Sanqiao Road, Xi”an, Shaanxi 710086, P. R. China
If you need stamped paper invitation, please ask the Conference Secretariat on arrival.
Please forward this Conference announcement to other scholars and people interested in nomenclature.
Shaanxi International Cultural and Economic Exchange Center
Research Institute for Military Linguistics, at the Engineering University of Chinese Armed Police Forces
Dear Professor Wang,
On behalf of the Ohio State University and the IEEE Computer Society, I would be very pleased to invite you to attend and chair a session of the forthcoming 20xx International Conference on Parallel Data Processing to be held in Bellaire, Michigan, from October 25 to October 28, 20xx.
You are an internationally acclaimed scholar and educator. Your participation will be among the highlights of the Conference. We sincerely hope that you could accept our invitation. As you know, this is the 10th anniversary of the Conference and we plan to make it a truly international meeting. We have accepted many papers from several foreign countries, including two from China. If you can come, please let us know as soon as possible, since we have to prepare the final program soon. We are looking forward to your acceptance. Sincerely yours, Peter White.
On behalf of the organizing committee, we cordially hope you can join us at Low Carbon Earth Summit-20xx (LCES-20xx), with a theme of "Leading the Green Economy, Returning to Harmony with Nature", which will be held during October 19-26, 20xx at World Exposition Center, Dalian, China. As we know your work in this field is a clear example of the leadership, so we would like to highlight your effort at our conference and hope you can give a speech at track 7-8-28: Anaerobic Biotechnology for Bioenergy Production.
The purpose of LCES-20xx is to provide a world-class meeting place for information exchanges and trade fair for promoting Low Carbon Economy. It will take the form of plenary lectures, oral presentations, posters, exhibitions and project matchmaking; LCES-20xx will support new business development with the opportunity to learn from one another”s experiences in this field, identify ways to play an even more active role in control of global climate change, and seize further green investment opportunities for innovators and entrepreneurs worldwide.
Dalian, as the most beautiful coastal city in northern China, is keen on making great efforts on improving living environment to the mitigation of climate change. As a new champion among China green economy practitioners, Dalianhas successfully hosted annual Summer World Economy Forum- Davos twice in 20xx and 20xx correspondingly, which have generated great impact on the development of New Chinese economy model and beyond. With the increasingly demand on knowledge-based economy for designing and building "the Great Dalian", The coastal city is also expected to be one of largest ideal conference centers in China, which will provide best meeting facilities.
Lastly, we would like to urge you not miss this historical initiation and actively join us with your great passion and contributions. Hope to see you in Dalian, the Romantic Capital, in the golden fall season, and ask you to bring home an unforgettable memory at the upcoming first annual event.
Mr. Bozhou Li Xiaodan Mei, Ph.D
Executive Chair Executive Co-Chair
President of China Council for Promotion President of BIT Bio-harbor
of International Trade Dalian Branch
Your participation at LCES-20xx would add great value for your organization and our attendees. Please contact Ms. Ashley Han at if you are able to participate. Thank you for your timely consideration of this invitation, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
PS: We expect your precious comments or suggestions on the structure of our program, also your reference to other speakers will be highly appreciated. We look forward to receiving your replies on the following questions.
1. Are you interested in delivering a speech?
2. What is the title of your speech?
3. Do you have any suggestions about our scientific program?