The Lunar New Year is a great occasion to the Chinese people. It lasts about the first four days of the year， during which people do not work except for the workers on duty. Students do not go to school， and shops are closed.
Several days before the new year， people begin to prepare. Farmers kill pigs， sheep， cocks and hens. City dwellers buy meat fish and vegetables. Houses are cleaned; coupletsare posted on the doors. Colourful lanterns are hung at the gate.
On the eve of the new year， each family has its members gatherd together and eats a family reunion dinner. After the meal they watch TV until the clock strickes twelve. Then every family sets off long strings of small firecrackers and other fire works to welcome the new year. On the first day of the new year， almost everyone is dressed in his or her best. When people meet on the way， they say to each other "Happy New Year". Friends and relatives pay new year calls and gives presents to each other. Children indulge themselves in games.
1. May you have the best season ever
2. A New year greeting to cheer you from your daughter
3. Happy New year to the world's best parents!
4. Season's greetings to my dearest parents!
5. Mom and Dad: Thank you for everything this holiday season!
6. I'll be home to enjoy this Christmas with you
7. A present from me is on the way Hope you'll like it
8. I wish I were home for the holidays
9. Thinking of you at New Year's time
10. Best wishes from Mark, Janet and the kids
11. Thank you for all you have done for us
12. We won't forget you this holiday season
1) Please accept our wishes for you and yours for a happy New Year. 请接受我们对您及您全家的美好祝福，祝您们新年快乐。
2) To wish you joy at this holy season. Wishing every happiness will always come to you!
3) May the season's joy fill you all the year round. 希望节日的愉快伴您一生。
4) With very best wishes for your happiness in the New Year. 致以最良好的祝福，原您新年快乐幸福
5) May the coming New Year bring you joy, love and peace. 希望新年为您带来快乐，友爱和宁静。
6) At such a wonderful moment, I send you a gentle and warm care and wish: May every day be brilliant for you!
7) I hope you have a most happy and prosperous(大吉大利) New Year.
8) I give you endless brand-new good wishes. Please accept them as a new remembrance of our lasting friendship. 给您我无尽的新的祝福，让它们成为我们永恒友谊的新的纪念。
9) May everything beautiful and best be condensed into this card. I sincerely wish you happiness, cheerfulness and success. 希望一切最美好的祝福都能用这张贺卡表达，真诚地祝您幸福快乐成功!
10) With many good wishes for the holidays and the coming year!