21. The famous writer’s play, ________ in one of my books, was published in 1963.
A. to mention B. mentioned C. to be mentioned D. mentioning
22. As they are retired, the Smiths prefer a house in the country to spend the rest of their life _____ in a large city.
A. in this B. to one C. with that D. about it
23. Like most July days, it was hot. I stepped into __________ tiny ice-cream shop to cool off with _________ chocolate sundae(圣代冰淇淋).
A. the; / B. a; a C. /; the D. the; the
24. ---Excuse me.
---How can I get to the nearest post office?
A. Yes? B. That’s OK. C. How come? D. Pardon?
25. Computer classes must be __________ to every student of all grades, which will make them have a good command of the modern communication and learning tool.
A. accessible B. avoidable C. valuable D. acceptable
26. ---Tony, go to pay for the supper bills.
---Why _________ I? All of you are richer than me!
A. should B. must C. can D. shall
27. Mr Guo told us at the beginning of this term that he _________ born on July 24, 1973.
A. is B. was C. has been D. had been
28. After five hours’ drive, they reached ___________they thought was the place they’d been dreaming of.
A. that B. where C. which D. what
29. Even today, the south is _________ behind the rest of the United States in areas like education and economic development.
A. very B. far C. quite D. much
30. Although only of __________ intelligence, he speaks four languages fluently.
A. average B. middle C. mean D. normal
31. ________ all over the hills and around the lake are wild flowers of different colors.
A. Grow B. To grow C. Growing D. Grew
32.---I think we’ve met somewhere before.
A. it isn’t likely B. it can’t be true
C. I would rather not D. I don’t think I know you
33. ---I hear Faulen has taken up his business in London.
---Really? He has no business _________ and I’m sure he’ll fail.
A. feeling B. idea C. sense D. opinion
34. I have just come in to see if I can be _________ any assistance to them.
A. with B. on C. at D. of
35. It was great of his parents to have made _______to pay for his education.
A. contributions B. sacrifices C. devotions D. costs