1. Don’t talk about such things of _______ you are not sure.
A. which B. what C. as D. those
2. Is this the factory __________ you visited the other day?
A. that B. where C. in which D. the one
3. Is this factory __________ some foreign friends visited last Friday?
A. that B. where C. which D. the one
4. Is this the factory __________ he worked ten years ago?
A. that B. where C. which D. the one
5. The wolves hid themselves in the places __________ couldn’t be found.
A. that B. where C. in which D. in that
6. The freezing point is the temperature __________ water changes into ice.
A. at which B. on that C. in which D. of what
7. This book will show you __________ can be used in other contexts..
A. how you have observed B. what you have observed
C. that you have observed D. how that you have observed
8. The reason is __________ he is unable to operate the machine.
A. because B. why C. that D. whether
9. I’ll tell you __________ he told me last week.
A. all which B. that C. all that D. which
10. That tree, __________ branches are almost bare, is very old.
A. whose B. of which C. in which D. on which
11. I have bought the same dress __________ she is wearing.
A. as B. that C. which D. what
12. He failed in the examination, __________ made his father very angry.
A. which B. it C. that D. what
13. We’re talking about the piano and the pianist _______ were in the concert we attended last night.
A. which B. whom C. who D. that
14. The girl ________ an English song in the next room is Tom’s sister.
A. who is singing B. is singing C. sang D. was singing
15. Those ___ not only from books but also through practice will succeed.
A. learn B. who C. that learns D. who learn
16. Anyone ________ this opinion may speak out.
A. that against B. that against C. who is against D. who are against
17. Didn’t you see the man ________?
A. I nodded just now B. whom I nodded just now
C. I nodded to him just now D. I nodded to just now
18. Can you lend me the novel ______ the other day?
A. that you talked B. you talked about it
C. which you talked with D. you talked about
19. Is there anything _______ to you?
A. that is belonged B. that belongs
C. that belong D. which belongs
20. ---- “How do you like the book?”
---- “It’s quite different from _______ I read last month.”
A. that B. which C. the one D. the one what
21. Mr. Zhang gave the textbook to all the pupils except _____ who had lready taken them.
A. the ones B. ones C. some D. the others
22. The train _______ she was travelling was late.
A. which B. where C. on which D. in that
23. He has lost the key to the drawer _______ the papers are kept.
A. where B. in which C. under which D. which
24. Antarctic _______ we know very little is covered with thick ice all the year round.
A. which B. where C. that D. about which
25. It’s the third time _______ late this month.
A. that you arrived B. when you arrived
C. that you’ve arrived D. when you’ve arrived
26. It was in 1969 _______the American astronaut succeeded in landing on the moon.
A. that B. which C. when D. in which
27. May the fourth is the day ______ we Chinese people will never forget.
A. which B. when C. on which D. about which
28. We are going to spend the Spring Festival in Guangzhou, _______ live my grandparents and some relatives.
A. which B. that C. who D. where
29. The hotel _______ during our holidays stands by the seaside.
A. we stayed at B. where we stayed at
C. we stayed D. in that we stayed
30. Is it in that factory _______ “Red Flag” cars are produced?
A. in which B. where C. which D. that
31. It is the Suez Canal _______ separates Asia ______ Africa.
A. which, to B. where, from C. that, from D. that, with
32. Under the bridge, however, almost directly below, _______ was a small canoe, with a boy in it.
A. there B. where C. it D. which
33. He is not ______ a fool _______.
A. such, as he is looked B. such, as he looks
C. as, as he is looked D. so, as he looks
34. Is that the reason _______ you are in favour of the proposal?
A. which B. what C. why D. for that
35. He must be from Africa, _______ can be seen from his skin.
A. that B. as C. who D. what
36. He has two sons, _______ work as chemists.
A. two of whom B. both of whom C. both of which D. all of whom
37. I, _______ your good friend, will try my best to help you out.
A. who is B. who am C. that is D. what is
38. He is a man of great experience, _______ much can be learned.
A. who B. that C. from which D. from whom
39. ---- Do you know the town at all?
--- No, this is the first time I ________ here.
A. was B. have been C. came D. am coming
40. I don’t like _______ you speak to her.
A. the way B. the way in that
C. the way which D. the way of which
41. The two things _______ they felt very proud are Jim’s gold watch and Della’s hair.
A. about which B. of which
C. in which D. for which
42. The dinner was the most expensive meal we ______.
A. would have B. have had C. had never had D. had ever had
43. Do you know which hotel _______?
A. she is staying B. she is staying in
C. is she staying D. is she staying in
44. There is only one thing _______ I can do.
A. what B. that C . all D. which
45. Who can think of a situation ________ this idiom can be used?
A. which B. that C. where D. in that
46. I have many books, some of _______ are on chemistry.
A. them B. that C. which D. those
47. They were interested _______ you told them.
A. in which B. in that C. all that D. in everything
48. The astronaut did many experiments in the spaceship, ________ much
help for knowing space.
A. which we think it is B. which we think are of
C. of which we think is D. I think which is of
49. The great day we looked forward to _______ at last.
A. come B. came C. coming D. comes
50. I like the second football match _______ was held last week.
A. which B. who C. that D. /
1—5 AADBA 6—10 ABCCA 11—15 AADAD 16—20 CDDBC 21—25 ACBDC 26—30 AADAD
31—35 CABCB 36—40 BBDBA 41—45 BDBBC 46—50 CDBBC