Ⅰ. 单项选择 （共15小题，每小题1分，满分15分）
1.-Are you going to Beijing by car?
-No. I’m taking train there.
A. a, / B. a, the C. the, / D. /, a
2. I was born October, 1996 and my cousin was born June 18th, 1995.
A. in, in B. in, on C. on, on D. on, in
3. There are apples on the table. You can have one.
A. a lot B. few C. lots of D. a little
4. Look at the twins. One is quiet, and is outgoing.
A. another B. the other C. the others D. other
5. The weather is hot. Please take your sweater off.
A. too much B. much too C. too many D. many too
6. -Hi, Liu Xia. How can you improve your English so much?
-Oh, nothing difficult. Work harder and your English will be .
A. better B. good C. well D. worse
7. The Summer Palace is one of in Beijing.
A. beautiful park B. more beautiful parks
C. the most beautiful park D. the most beautiful parks
8. -Can you come to my birthday party?
-Yes, I’d love to, I have to look after my mother in hospital.
A. but B. and C. so D. or
9. I find this computer game is to play.
A. enough easy B. easy enough C. enough easily D. easily enough
10. Our team them and yesterday’s football game.
A. won, beat B. won, won C. beat, won D. beat, beat
11. It’s time for us to listen to the news. Would you please the radio?
A. turn on B. turn off C. turn down D. turn up
12. I didn’t leave the house until my dad back.
A. come B. comes C. came D. is coming
13. -Jim, can you help me to do the dishes?
-Sorry, Dad. I to the shop.
A. going B. went C. am going D. goes
14. -What are you going to do this weekend?
-I’m not sure yet. fishing or hiking.
A. May B. Maybe C. Must D. Should
15. - do you take guitar lessons?
-Twice a week.
A. How far B. How long C. How much D. How often
China is a country with a rich culture in calligraphy（书法）. 1 computers are everywhere in our life, Chinese people should not 2 the skill of writing with hands.
Now the computer can help people to write. People are 3 computers more often than before. So many people are forgetting how to 4 Chinese characters（汉字）. People often make a lot of mistakes（错误）in handwriting.
Today, China is trying to help students and teachers to 5 their handwriting. We 6 that teachers can write well 7 the blackboard and students can write well on their exercise books, too. Teachers should make their teaching plans and students should 8 their homework by writing with their 9 . We are sure our handwriting can become 10 and better in this way.
1. A. Though B. If C. And D. But
2. A. remember B. forget C. use D. practice
3. A. making B. holding C. buying D. using
4. A. find B. read C. write D. use
5. A. show B. take C. improve D. worry
6. A. call B. hope C. dislike D. hate
7. A. in B. with C. over D. on
8. A. leave B. do C. get D. make
9. A. eyes B. ears C. legs D. hands
10. A. better B. worse C. faster D. easier
Many parents make their children do chores around the houses. For some families, teaching children what to do and how to do chores are easy. For other families, asking children to do some housework can be a very big problem.
It is a good idea for parents to tell their children that all family members must work together to make the house clean, and that each person must do his or her share of the work . This can be done by starting a program of chores and responsibilities(责任) when children are young .
Doing chores is good for children-even very young ones. Doing some chores teaches children many important skills, such as working together with others and being responsible for what they do. Doing chores can also teach children to help others. The skills and values they learn by doing chores will benefit(有益于)them in their life .
1. The first paragraph tells