例：How much is the shirt?
A. ￡19.15. B. ￡9.18. C. ￡9.15.
1. What does the woman want to do?
A. Find a place.
B. Buy a map.
C. Get an address.
2. What will the man do for the woman?
A. Repair her car.
B. Give her a ride.
C. Pick up her aunt.
3. Who might Mr.Peterson be?
A. A new professor.
B. A department head.
C. A company director.
4. What does the man think of the book?
A. Quite difficult.
B. Very interesting.
C. Too simple.
5. What are the speakers talking about?
6. Why is Harry unwilling to join the woman?
A. He has a pain in his knee.
B. He wants to watch TV.
C. He is too lazy.
7. What will the woman probably do next?
A. Stay at home.
B. Take Harry to hospital.
C. Do some exercise.
8. When will the man be home from work?
A. At 5:45.
B. At 6:15.
9. Where will the speakers go?
A. The Green House Cinema.
B. The New State Cinema.
C. The UME Cinema.
10. How will the speakers go to New York?
A. By air.
11. Why are the speakers making the trip?
B. For shopping.
C. For holiday.
12. What is the probable relationship between the speakers?
A. Driver and passenger.
B. Husband and wife.
C. Fellow workers.
13.Where does this conversation probably take place?
A. In the restaurant.
B. In an office.
C. In a classroom.
14. What does John do now?
A. He’s a trainer.
B. He’s a tour guide.
C. He’s a college student.
15. How much can a new person earn for the first year?
16. How many people will the woman hire?
17. How long has the speaker lived in a big city?
A. One year.
B. Ten years.
C. Eighteen years.
18. What is the speaker’s opinion on public transport?
A. It’s comfortable.
B. It’s time-saving.
C. It’s cheap.
19. What is good about living in a small town?
A. It’s safer.
B. It’s healthier.
C. It’s more convenient.
20. What kind of life does the speaker seem to like most?
例：It is generally considered unwise to give a child he or she wants.
A. howevery B. whatever C. whichever D. whenever
21．-Reading is the best way to pass time on the train.
- , I never go traveling without a book.
A．You are joking B．That's true
C．I don't think so D．It sounds like fun
22．The exact year Angela and her family spent together in China was 2008.
A. When B. where C. why D. which
23．The twins, Who their homework, were allowed to play badminton on the playground.
A. will finish B. finish
C. have finished D. had finished
24．You can ask anyone for help. here is willing to lend you a hand.
A. One B. No one C. Everyone D. Someone
25．The meaning of the word
ice' changed a few tines it finally came to include the sense pleasant.
A. before B. after C. since D. while
26．Terry, please your cell phone when Grandma is talking to you.
A. look up from B. look into
C. look back on D. look through
27．My good performance in the job interview left me about my future and about what I can do here.
A. puzzled B. sensitive C. optimistic D. embarrassed
28．When the sports hero at our party, he was welcomed with open arms.
A. turned up B. left off
C. moved on D. got away
29．- Why not buy a second-hand car first if you don't have enough money for a new one?
- That's a good .
A. saying B. question C. suggestion D. account
30．People are recycling many things which they away in the past.
A. had thrown B. will be throwing
C. were throwing D. would have thrown
31．What we expect from you is working hard hardly working.
A. less than B. rather than
C. as well as D. as much as
32．While waiting for the opportunity to get , Henry did his best to perform his duty.
A. promote B. promoted C. promoting D. to promote
33．It's our hope that we will play a greater role in the market place and, ,supply more jobs.
A. however B. anywhere
C. therefore D. otherwise
34．Shakespeare's writing is still popular today. It has really the test of time.
A. failed B. stood C. taken D. conducted
35．- I get at least half an hour of exercise almost every day.
- Oh great! .
A. Good luck B. Cheer up
C. Same to you D. Keep it up