1. Target language: new words and expressions
2. Ability goals: Enable students to practice their listening,speaking,reading and writing skills.
3. Learning ability goals: Students are expected to write about their choice of course and why they made the choice.
二、Teaching important and difficult points
How to listen, read and write using skills learnt.
四、Teaching procedures and ways
●There are all trades and professions in the world.●Which professions attract you?
●If you want to this kind of job, what knowledge should you study?
Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Bioengineering, Law, Journalism, etc.
Skills building 1: Listening for options and possibilies
What courses do you want to study at university?
There are some key words or phrases that you might use for different options or possibilities.
Positive aspect Negative aspect
New and exciting
Do not want
Academic( involving a lot of reading and studying)
Step 1: take notes
Listen to two conversations between two good friends about choosing possible courses to study at university and take notes. (Fill in the table on Page58)
Read the passage on Page59 and decide the following sentences are true or false.
Skills building2: Discussing options and possibilities
When you are discussing options or possibilities, it is like playing a game of tennis.
One way you can do this is by asking questions.
Another way is adding question tags on to your statements.
e.g. ●What do you think? ● What is your opinion? ● What would you do?
● Do you think that is true/possible/correct? ● Don’t you think so?
● …, isn’t it? ● … , wouldn’t you?
Step 2: discussing course options
Discuss the courses you and your friend have chosen, according to the materials given on Page 60.
Skills 3: writing a report about options
●introduction (what the report is about---introduce options)
● background information (the type of options available to you)
● option1(positive/negative aspects) ● option2(positive/negative aspects)
● conclusion (your choice and why)
Step 3: writing a report about your choice
1.Finish writing the report after class.
2. Read the passage on Page 59 again.
3. Preview the project part.