模块6 Unit 4 (Helping people around the world)
班级___________ 姓名__________ 学号__________成绩___________
Period 3 Grammar and usage
If I ___________ business at university, I ____________ a manager now.
If I ________ an alternative path and _________ medicine, I ___________ a lot of technical knowledge now.
If I _________ a lot about medicine, I ___________ able to help my sick mother.
If I _________ my sick mother, I ____________ so frustrated.
1. If my lawyer _____ here last Saturday, he _____ me from going.
A. had been, would have prevented B. had been, would prevent
C. were, would prevent D. were, would have prevented
2. If I had worn my coat, I _____ a cold now.
A. wouldn’t catch B. wouldn’t have caught C. won’t catch D. won’t have caught
3. -If he _____, he _____ that food. -Luckily he was rushed to hospital immediately.
A. was warned, wouldn’t take B. had been warned, wouldn’t have taken
C. should be warned, wouldn’t take D. could have been warned, wouldn’t have taken
4. He _____ you more help, even though he was very busy.
A. might have given B. might give C. should give D. may give
5. What would have happened, _____ as far as the river bank?
A. if Bob walked B. had Bob walked C. were Bob to walk D. should Bob walk
6. If it ____ rain this evening, I wouldn’t go to see this American film.
A. would B. should C. might D. was to
7. -My cat’s really fat. -You _____ have given her so much food.
A. wouldn’t B. can’t C. shouldn’t D. mustn’t
8. _____ the heavy rain, we would enjoy playing football until 6 o’clock.
A. Without B. In spite of C. Regardless of D. Due to
9. I told your friend how to get to the hotel, but perhaps I _____ have driven her there.
A. can B. must C. should D. would
10. I supported him in time, otherwise he _____ off the bike.
A. might fall B. would fall C. should have fall D. would have fallen
1. The accident r______ to at the meeting cost fifteen lives.
2. Who is the Chinese a________ to the UN at present?
3. If not o_______ on at once, the boy will die within 24 hours.
4. As we all know, primary education t_______ every child’s future.
5. The UN peacekeeping operations aim to end any c_______ in the world.
6. I feel h______ to have the opportunity to take a photo with Liu Xiang.
7. He broke into the house with the p_______ of stealing money.
8. May 1st is L_______ Day.
9. My job is not paid but v_________.
10. We need to increase the people’s a________ of the importance of environmental protection.
11. His accomplishments are w______ of the world’s admiration.
12. His attention was d_______ by the beautiful scenery out of the window.
13. Time is u______! We should hurry up!
14. A______ from flowers and applauses, he expected the world’s admiration.
15. The project runs very well under the u_______ of the government.
16. He is so young that he l_____ experience.
17. The church mouse has to struggle in p______.
18. I’m here to see you on b______ of all the staff.
19. He spent his childhood in r______ mountains, far away from city life.
20. The UN aims to ensure that human rights are a______ to every human in the world.